Day Retreat: A Day for You!Where: Jai Dee – Osseo
When: October 12, 2019 | 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Seats Available: 10
Price per seat: $175.00
A Day to Focus on You!
Take a break, pause, learn new skills, reset, and replenish.
The hustle and bustle of the upcoming holiday season can be daunting. Take a day to pause and expand your self care possibilities. We need more calm in our daily lives. Join us to discover that JOY can be found in making time for yourself. You are not alone in the quest for calm or in the challenges of making time for yourself. Let’s PAUSE together!
Registration with nonrefundable prepayment is required to save your space. Please register carefully and make sure that the date works for you. List your top 2 choices for the breakout sessions for each time slot when you register in the “Is there anything we need to know” box. There are a limited number of spaces available in each class. First come first serve. We recommend registering early to get your first choices. All participants will receive a free gift. We are looking forward to spending a day with you!
All Participants together from 9:00 – 10:30: Keynote – Choose Yourself Series Hit the Break with Michelle Aalbers Note: This Day Retreat includes access to the private Choose Yourself Facebook Group where we continue the conversation and connection.
10:30 – 11:30 (breakout – pick one):
Intro to Ayurveda and the Doshas with Allison Miller
- We are living in a time where we are bombarded with “eat this,” “do this,” and “try this” for better health messages. It’s so confusing – how do you know what your body needs? We are all different – Ayurveda recognizes the difference and offers an intuitive approach that gives you insights to help you learn more about your bodies unique blueprint for health. The Ayurvedic Doshas are the key to unlocking your specific mind and body constitution – what you are made of. When you learn what your body is made of – you are able to achieve better balance in your health. This will be an introduction to the idea of Ayurveda and Doshas. The 3 doshas are: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha – you may find yourself to be a combination of one or two, or even be tri-doshic with an equal mix of all 3! 12 spots available. Format: Lecture – Handout Provided.
Sound Healing with Michelle Aalbers
- Participants will get comfortable and Michelle will play Tibetan singing bowls for healing and balance for each person. The sacred bowls, used for Reiki and healing, are tuned to the chakras. 5 spots available.
11:30 – 12:30 (breakout – pick one):
Self Massage with Michelle Aalbers
- Learn some pressure points, release tension in your feet and find ways to release tension using tennis balls, and your own body. 5 spots available.
Intro to Oracle Cards with Becky Yaeger
- Have you seen cards being used and wondered how they work and what you would use them for? Perfect time to experience multiple kinds of decks and talk about what you can use them for daily, or to check in occasionally. We will also discuss how they differ from Tarot cards. 5 spots available.
12:30 – 2:00: Lunch Break (on your own – there are many wonderful restaurants within walking distance of Jai Dee. We do not have a refrigerator or microwave on site so if you pack your own lunch plan accordingly.)
2:00 – 3:00 (breakout – pick one):
Henna & Tea with Jessica Jenness
- Come choose a henna design or collaborate an idea to Jessica to come up with your own unique design. Sip on tea, relax and chat with others while you wait. 5 spots available.
Intro to Meditation with Michelle Aalbers
- Do you find yourself curious about meditation? Are you wondering about a daily practice and would you like to add some clarity to your life? We will learn how to create an accessible practice and do a meditation that is great for bringing calm in the midst of chaos. 5 spots available.
The Energy of Stones with Becky Yaeger
- Learn how to use stones as a tangible tool to help balance your energy. You will be able to experience many different types of gemstones and crystals, playing with how they feel when handled and how they can be of service for you. We will also talk about how to take care of your stones so they can continue to work for you. 12 spots available.
3:00 – 4:00 (breakout – pick one):
Yoga: Intention Setting/Gentle Flow with Jessica Jenness
- In this class we will start by connecting inward to find our hearts desire. Then form a mantra based on that desire. Next we will begin a gentle flow yoga class where we connect to our breath, our body and our new mantra. We will end class in a restorative savasana with a guided relaxation. 12 spots available.
Yoga Foundations with Michelle Aalbers
- Michelle will guide you on yoga basics and work with you to build a strong foundation. Q&A encouraged in this class. 5 spots available.
Yoga Breath Work with Becky Yaeger
- Learn the different types of breath used in the Yogic tradition. We will do short demonstrations to experience them so that you can feel them in your own body and bring them into your everyday routine for a fuller sense of self-care. 5 spots available.
4:00 – 5:30 (breakout – pick one):
Zentangle® Method with Michelle Aalbers
- The Zentangle Method, developed by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas, is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create amazing drawings by assembling simple elements into complex structures of great beauty. You will create beautiful drawings you never thought possible. This unique form of meditation is accessible to everyone who can sign their name. 12 spots available.
Spirit Feather Making with Becky Yaeger
- Make your own feather wand and learn the reasons why we use the particular materials involved when making them. We will also discuss how and why you would use these wands. After they are completed, we will do a short meditation to learn their purpose and why it came together the way that it did. 6 spots available.
All Participants together from 5:30 – 6:00 Closing